Laugh, live and learn with the Radcliffe-on-Trent U3A. We are part of a national network of U3As offering people who are no longer in full-time employment the opportunity for late life learning, fellowship and enjoyment. Members share their skills and experiences through monthly meetings, addressed by interesting speakers, as well as through a wide variety of social activities and outings.
Speakers at our Open Meetings
Come along to one of our next monthly open meetings. These take place on the first Thursday of the month at 2pm in the Grange Hall. Members and non-members are welcome. Tea, coffee and biscuits included.
- 14th Nov – Paul Dyson – ‘ Adventures of a Wildlife Artist’
- 5th Dec – Christmas Party (Ticket only £2 – see below)
- 3rd Oct – Phil Cooper – The Silk Road in Central Asia.
- 14th Nov – Paul Dyson – ‘Adventures of a Wildlife Artist’
- 5th Dec – Sara Spade – ‘Ukulele Lady’
- 2nd January – Mike Storr – Masters of Mirth
- 6th February – Kevin Powell – A Place to Rest … in Peace
- 5th March – Rosemary Gibson – Grantham Canal, Another World
- 2nd April – Mark Shardlow – A career in sports journalism
- 14th May – David Bell – The Plague Doctor
- 4th June – Jas Bilkhu, Former Radcliffe GP and so much more – Inspired to Aspire
- 2nd July – Jenny Saint, Deputy Lieutenant of Nottinghamshire – Her Majesty’s Honours
- 3rd September – Barrie Page Geologist and Mountaineer – Between a rock and a hard place
- 1st October – Fran Sandham – A solo walk across Africa
- 12th November – Paul Stafford – A visit to North Korea, the most secretive and bizarre country in the world
- 3rd December – Higgs Bo’sun – local band – Traditional British folk music
Helping The Homeless
Trips and Outings 2019
This is the list of forthcoming trips and outings for 2019. Book soon because these are very popular and fill up quickly. For queries, contact the Trips and Outings Group leader here.
December Christmas Party
Please remember that the open meeting on 5th December is replaced with a ticket-only Christmas Party. Tickets are available in advance at our November open meeting.
Ticket-only – Just £2 !
GROUP LEADERS: Remember the current membership card number for 2019-2020 starts with the number 3.
You may search using the magnifying glass in the main menu at the top of every page. On a mobile device the search appears at the bottom of the list of menu items.
Alternatively search here.
Join 583 people in 46 GRoups
Amazing people enjoying a fantastic range of activities.